Sunday, December 16, 2007

Success!

To follow-up with my deceptive recipes...I made these tortilla "cigars" for lunch yesterday (with carrot puree) and both of my kids ate them. It called for squash as well, but I didn't have any, so I doubled up on the carrots. Camden loved them a little more than Maddie, who was a little concerned about the inner filing. But, once she tasted it, she ate the whole thing. I thought they were surprisingly good. If nothing else, I am eating more vegetables!

16 comments:

Ashley A. said...

After talking to you, I told Joe he could get me that cookbook for Christmas, but he's not exactly thrilled about it. Maybe if he could hear Ben endorse it...:)
That picture makes me hungry!

Lula. said...

your picture looks just like the one in the book. i haven't tried those yet, glad to hear they were good.

Kimberly said...

i will let you try them all out and email me the good recipes :)

Kellie said...

Way to go, Cindy. Have you tried the brownies yet? I've been curious about those since I saw her on Oprah. Let me know how they taste!

Cindy said...

I haven't tried any desserts yet, but I plan to soon. I'll let you know how they are.

Jared Heal said...

Cindy, good for you. I really need to go get that book and try it. My family really need to start getting more vegi and I'm sure this will be the only way they will.

April said...

Great job! Let me know how that continues! Hopefully your kids don't clue into what your doing. heehee!

I don't know if I ever told you that we loved your christmas card... so cute!!

Melanie said...

You are such a good mommy. Way to go with the trick-ster/yummy recipes!
Also, thanks for coming to my shower. I was so happy to see you!!

The Grant Family said...

I requested that cook book from the library....I'll let you know how it goes!

Kenna said...

I've thought that book looked interesting and have kinda wanted to try it... is it worth buying then? Plus how do you puree the food, I don't have a food processor or anything. your "Cigars" do look good though!

MidCityGal said...

Ooh, you've totally inspired me. I really need to eat more vegetables and I love the idea of disguising them with other flavors. I've heard great things about her book from other people too, but I'm glad to have your in-depth testimonial.

Kenna said...

Are you still alive!?! I keep checking your blog thinking "surely Cindy will have hers updated"...I'm starting to get a bit worried, are you okay?:) Hope you had a good Christmas!!!

Cindy said...

I know, I know...looks as if I have fallen off the edge of the earth or something. Not so, we are still without the internet in our house. I'm pulling out my hair in anticipation. I am told Tuesday, so check back for updates!

Bethany said...

Yeah, cindy, I'm with kenna. i keep checking for updates and there's nothing. I hope you get your internet fixed soon. I always love reading your fun posts.

Kenna said...

Well I certainly do hope that you get your internet back up soon... I don't know what I'd do without it! (pathetic I know, but true!) Just wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday... Maybe I'll come take you out to Pizza Hut:) Hope it's a good one!

April said...

It was your b-day! Happy B-day!! I forgot that it was in January... well I have forgotten a ton lately anyway.. I am losing it! :)

Get your blog going again Missy! Us roomies what to know what's been going on lately with the Clarks! :)