We must be the worst parents ever! Not only is Camden still recovering from his fall to the curb and illness, but last night Ben picked Maddie up by her arm, which she then started screaming about. She is usually over dramatic about everything, so I didn't know if I should take her seriously or not. When she still wouldn't move her arm hours later and would scream when I came near it, I knew something was wrong. She said, "I can't move my arm b/c it's broken." I called Ben and he determined that it was probably a dislocated elbow. He was able to slip away from work long enough to put her arm back in place...I couldn't bear doing it on my own :( Today she is good as new, so thank goodness!
3 weeks ago






7 comments:
I flipped Catie off my lap once and she got something called "Nursmaid's Elbow." It's where it slips out of place....I wonder if the same thing happened. She held her arm up with her other arm and wouldn't use it. We had never heard of it and had to take a trip to the ER...FUN (not)!
Glad to see she's doing better :)
Yes, we had an experience with Nursemaid's elbow, too. I think it is the same thing. It's nice to see that we're not the only bad parents :). When Elizabeth was a baby Joe was just holding her hands and pulling her to sitting from her back and it happened. That's nice that Ben could come home and pop it back in. We had to wait for about an hour in the ER until the doctor came in and fixed it in about 2 seconds. Poor Maddie. That's no fun.
Cindy! That is so sad. It always seems that sicknesses/injuries come in waves. Sometimes it's like, okay, what's next? AH! Hopefully the accidents stop at one per child.
My sister's arm always used to pop out of the socket at the shoulder. I think it really hurts. I need to be more careful while pulling Scotty around...
Cindy,
you need to give us all the update on kim. i am anxiously waiting...
ouch! good thing she's on the mend!
You're definitely not alone. We had and elbow experience with Anwyn (twice!!) and I felt like the worst mother ever.
I love to read your blog. Your family is so cute!
Post a Comment