Friday, May 30, 2008

Spicin' up meal time

My sister told me about a friend of hers that started making 'food faces' for her kids to get them to eat lunch. I tried it the other day and it was a hit...and the possibilities are endless! Maddie is still talking about it.



I also decided to try something new for dinner a few days ago and made some banana pancakes like the Jack Johnson song "Banana Pancakes". Afterwards we listened to the song, while the kids boogied. It was a fun way to spice up dinner without dad.

(Note: No- Camden does not wear this shirt everyday (see previous post)...it was the same day)

12 comments:

Meghan said...

So cute! I'll have to try this tactic - lunches are getting a little (lot) boring at our house.

Kellie said...

It's so cute and such a great idea! Your kids are so cute and Talbie loves to tend them!!

The Grant Family said...

I love the dancing! I my eyes kept jumping between Cam and Maddie they were both dancing so cute! I think Maddie is going to have your great dancing abilities...she's got some good moves for her age....and Camden...we'll not bad for a 1 year old boy! We'll have to see how his moves develop...he's got you for a mom so he should be just fine!

PS..cute lunch face! I have yet to try it. Maybe this week.

Kara said...

How cute! I will have to remember to look into this when my girl starts eating. I don't know if I ever commented but I love your new hair style!

Kenna said...

You're such a good and fun Mom Cinders! When do you head for NY?

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

I am thinking this might be one of the best ideas EVER! I just tried it today...HUGE HIT! It might just become more of a daily event. Thanks for the great idea.

Lula. said...

You are such a fun mom!

April said...

Cute idea! It's always great to hear what other mom's do to make mealtime fun and enjoyable!

Bethany said...

I'll definitly have to use that idea. You're so creative. How did the banana pancakes turn out? You should put the recipe on your blog :) Those sound so yummy right now...I'm hungry!

Brooke Eriksen said...

I am a stalker! Mark Davis told me you are moving here and I am so excited! We have a 3 1/2 yr old girl too:) Let me know if you need help moving at all! Can't wait to meet you. And by the way my name is Brooke and I am Marks cousin.

Kimberly said...

how fun, i should give that a try, we are having lots of dadless mealtimes these days, maybe a little pancakes and dancing will make the night more exciting!

Jeremy and Nicole Stucki said...

You are such a fun mom! I tried the face thing and Taylor loved it. She laughed when I showed her. We have banana pancakes too. Jeremy used to eat them on his mission. Its a family fav! Oh we need to plan a roomie reunion before you take off!