Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Farm Country

Yesterday we went to Thanksgiving Point's Farm Country to enjoy the animals. Those of you who know me well, know that I am not much of an animal lover. Apparently this has rubbed off on Maddie over the years (not intentionally of course). She often yells at innocent dogs and tells them to go away or often freaks out if they come anywhere near her. Camden, however, is the complete opposite. He wants to get real close and pet them. So, it was interesting to see them both take in the animals and all that they had to offer. It was a fun day! Here are some pics:
Happy to be in jail.

On the hay ride.





Notice Maddie keeping her distance, while Cam wants to be in the pen with the pigs. She didn't even want him to get too close. She thought they were going to hurt him. She's such a protective sister.


Camden didn't think twice about jumping on the pony, and Ben didn't even hold on (yes, this made me nervous).


Riding like a pro.


She first refused to ride the pony, that was until her little brother jumped on one and showed her it was nothing to be afraid of. Here she is, still feeling a little unsure about the whole thing.


Camden is trying to look at the cow under the bar that was blocking his view. Maddie did NOT want to be too close or the animals would "get her".


Smiling in front of the pony.

9 comments:

Jessica Davis said...

How fun!! Those are gorgeous pictures. Don't you just love fall?

Mitzi said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I want a pony ride!

Kimberly said...

those are cute pictures i still can't read anything yet, because the background keeps saying bandwith exceeded over and over. I guess your blog is too cool for my computer.

Kate Ann said...

I am taking my boys to the Farm today. Do you have a pass?? We should go sometime!

Stephanie said...

Hey Cindy, We went to the farm today! We just missed you. Too bad. We go there a lot cuz we have a pass. We need to all go!

Cindy said...

ok, I didn't know about any passes, where do you get them from/how much are they?

MidCityGal said...

Great pictures and fun memories for you too. Do you like that Ben probably has more time to go and do things with the family now? 3, 12 hour shifts a week is pretty nice, if you can arrange it well. Is it working out for your family? Sounds like you're doing lots of fun things. I'm glad to hear it.

April said...

How fun! I bet the kiddos loved it! I love your new background! There are just so many to choose from that Pyzam site! Anyway, cute pics!

Matt and Adge said...

hey cindy! your kiddoes are so cute...it's fun to check in on what you guys are doing. it looks like you are having a fun fall! :)