Thursday, September 13, 2007

Girls Night Out!

Last night two friends and I decided to go see a movie after our kids were in bed. We went to see "Becoming Jane". It was the perfect movie for a girl outing-set back in time, fancy hair and dresses, romance...which leads to some tears. I'll admit, I cried a little! We even took our Jeep (which doesn't have doors/windows right now). I think it's safe to say that we all felt young again! It was great to get away and be able to enjoy something without stopping to change a dirty diaper or console a crying child. Don't get me wrong, I love being a mother, I wouldn't trade it for anything. Sometimes it's just nice to have some freedom. So, today I am without a car (Ben took one and the other in getting a "leak" fixed) and a cell phone b/c I am out of minutes. Anyways, instead of pouting because we aren't able to get out of the house, I decided to write about my fun evening. After watching the movie last night, I'm in the mood to watch Pride and Prejudice....maybe I can fit it in today. I love a good love story ;)

3 comments:

April said...

I had a girls night out to see that movie also and I have to admit that the tears were flowing throughout the movie. I was not okay with the ending, but I guess that is why her books end so well. Anyway, I wish I was there to take a ride in your jeep. We could have listend to "Rain, Rain Why?" :)
Love, Apey

The Grant Family said...

I was impressed with how many new posts you had....I guess no car and no phone can do that to you!

When will you have more minutes?

Stephanie

Cindy said...

the 15th