Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The first.

Today was Maddie's first day of preschool and I think I was more nervous for her than she was! Not that I didn't think it would go well, or something. I guess I just get first day of school jitters still. Here is her outfit all set out the night before, like a person, a great tradition for anyone wanting to start one.

I coaxed her unwillingly outside to take some pictures. She usually loves to get her picture taken, but for some reason she wasn't thrilled about it, but I still got a few good ones.
It was a little chilly, so she got to wear her cute new jacket.

Here she is in her classroom, having some free playtime at the beginning.

I was so proud of her for being friendly and not growling at people who said "hi" to her (something we've been trying to work on). She didn't even seem to mind when I left. My baby is all grown-up it appears. Yea for preschool!

11 comments:

The Grant Family said...

Cute jacket. Did you get it at Old Navy? I think it's the same one I got for Catie. I love the pictures in front of the front door where you can see a bit of the brick. Such a little east coast girl! Congrats to Maddie doing well and not "growling" :).

Kenna said...

She looks Adorable!!!!! And great job on not growling! Ha ha

Cindy said...

It's actually from Steve and Barry's, but I noticed they had a similar one from ON. I wish I had one in my size, actually.

Kristi said...

The growling comment made me laugh. Maybe it's a stage thing, since Anwyn loves to "roar" at people.

Lula. said...

Oh my goodness, I could eat her up. I want that outfit!

Taylor's said...

So fun! Got to love the first day of preschool! I was so happy when I sent Malisia off for her first day!

We should really try to get together especially since our girls are the same age!

Congrats on another girl!

Stephanie said...

Cute Maddie! She looks all grown up. I thought Steve and Barry's went bankrupt. Or maybe that's in the near future or something. At least you got the jacket first! It's really cute.

rach said...

Cindy she is so cute! I can't believe how big she is! You also look so good!

meg said...

I love the way you dress her! CUTE!

Matt and Adge said...

awww, the body-less clothes person...that is a great tradition :). the apple picking and back to school posts are so fun...i love fall!

Kimberly said...

i was just telling someone of that tradition, and how i would even put my bra and underwear inside the clothes, and they were like, how old were you? People don't think it's so cute when you do it all through college. I wanted to do it with kaylee, but she fell asleep before i got the chance to help her, so i had fun doing it all by myself. Maddie looks like a doll, glad it went well.